Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ok, so this whole blogging thing is new to me. But, I've always enjoyed writing so I figure I'll try it out. I work 3rd shift at a trucking company, as a dispatcher. I have a wonderful boyfriend who is also the father of my beautiful baby girl. She is almost 21 months old already! Wow, how time flies. The last 2 years have been, well, a rollercoaster. LOL Ups and downs along the way, but having her, makes it all worth it! She is my pride and joy and I can't imagine my life without her. I never though I could have children after enduring three miscarraiges. So she is a blessing in disguise and I try to cherish EVERY moment I have with her. Sometimes neglecting other areas of my life. But to me, she is #1 and I don't want to miss a thing. I always wanted children but also wanted to be a SAHM. Unfortuneately, that's not financially possible. So, for now, I feel 3rd shift is best. She goes to the babysitter for 5 hours each day so I can get a few hours of sleep and after that I'm  home until after she goes to bed. I also figure that when she starts school, I can sleep while she's in school, spend  her night with her, then work while she sleeps. So, if I have to be a working mom, 3rd shift is my preference. My boyfriend works first shift so we see each other only a few hours of each day. But, gotta do what ya gotta do. It works for now. I just didn't like first shift as a mom. I only got two or three hours with my girl each day. And those few hours were spent running around like a crazy person trying to cook, clean, bathe her, and get her lunch packed for the next day. I felt I was missing too much of her time while she was being raised by her babysitter.

So here is my first of many posts. I have to cut it short because my busy time of my shift is about to start. I'll be back to post more and update my site soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment